Awesomesauce

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Welcome to Room 12!

Last Thursday I finally received my room assignment and began moving in on Friday! I have been in there ever since trying to get things moved in, organized, and set up. It's been a long weekend and beginning to the week --and it's only Tuesday. Oh boy.

The room is a "Farm" theme and thanks to some very generous friends and family searching through their closets, attics, and checking out thrift stores, it's looking wonderful! And it helps that the custodians at our school are wonderful too! They've been a huge help painting walls and mounting white boards.

I wish I would have taken more "before" pictures, but I don't ever want to remember that giant mess... so here's some of the "almost done" pictures. :)


bulletin board in the hall outside my room - Room 12.

curtains to hide all the distracting things (made by my mother)

valence - also made by my mother :)

Thanks, mom!

calendar wall partially put together & more curtains by mom

other half of the calendar wall

Front of the room "Before" - like how they painted around the bulletin boards?!

Wall? Painted. Board? Centered and hung.
Oh yeah. I'm in business now!

Reading/Rug Teaching Area


Job chart - jobs are listed in the field and students' tractors are placed by their assigned job





It's amazing I got anything done with these three cuties around! I just wanted to play with them instead of cut, clean, and organize. Thanks for your help today, Nicki!

After all that, I'm not sure I'm going in tomorrow... for my own sanity's sake.

Love,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. AHHH!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I want to go to school in your room!!!!!!!!!!! It looks awesome! So glad Nicki and the girlies could come out to help! What cuties!!!!!! Have fun adding all the finishing touches!!!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany, I kept thinking about how much SINGING would have been done if you were there to help today. Sarah had all kinds of great music playing and there was NO way I was going to sing, but I pictured you and her busting out the moves and the vocals to many songs today!!! I was content cutting things out and trying to keep the girls from breaking things. Sarah~the kids are going to LOVE your classroom, and they are going to LOVE their first grade teacher even MORE!!!

    ReplyDelete