Awesomesauce

Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary, Farmerboy!

Today marks two years of marriage for Farmerboy and me.

First of all, it's hard to believe we've been married two years already! It seems like just yesterday we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to get the wedding day all pulled together, the great rehearsal dinner out at the farm,
the ceremony,
the vows,
the TRACTOR (which I think will be talked about forever in our home),

oh yeah, and the wagon tipping over and throwing our bridal party into a terrified pile of arms and legs....


the reception speeches,
the family,
the friends,
the dancing.
It seems so close yet already two years in the past.

Secondly, it's also weird that we've been together for just about nine years! Yep. Nine years. That's a long time for a couple of people who are only 23 and 24 years old. I was 14 and he was 15 when he asked me to be his "girlfriend" back in 10th grade! (Somehow I've got to get a picture of that on here...) I don't know how he put up with me back then because I was NOT the nicest, most kind-hearted, soft-spoken girl back then... there's some things in life that I am GLAD that they have changed. Namely my rotten attitude, horribly rough personality, and knack for speaking things before thinking. So glad the Lord has worked on my heart to be mostly rid of those things!

Zach's 17th Birthday

12th grade Senior High Youth Group trip to Chicago


Football game before leaving for freshman year of college

Zach on the other hand has been the picture of consistency and security for the past nine years. Seriously. If you know Zach, he's so easy going and laid back and never complains about anything. He works hard but he'll drop everything to help a friend or family member. He's such a good listener and encourager and he makes friends feel welcome and comfortable so quickly. He's so thoughtful and caring but also a man's man and can fix, shoot, and drive just about anything!

He's changed a lot too over the year but in all the best ways. Mostly growing as a leader and speaking up and taking charge when necessary. He's grown so much and I'd follow him anywhere.

Happy Anniversary, Farmerboy!


At David & Catherine O'Neill's wedding, 8.5.11

Love,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment