Awesomesauce

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mini-Vacation in Canada


Well, well. I finally make it back to the computer and sit still long enough to post! The whole story for the delay is that we got back from Canada late Tuesday night then I FINALLY found out which classroom is mine and was able to start moving things in on Friday! Woot woot! Pretty much the room was a wreck when I got in there Friday morning because the previous teacher cleaned out NOTHING when she left. Oh joy.... I am so thankful for one of the kindergarten teachers who took out 5 big garbage bags of trash before I got there! I spent all day Friday cleaning and sorting and dusting and arranging. The old kindergarten cubbies got moved out and I got a teacher's desk. My mom has been a big help getting things organized & cleaned up. Today we were in there for a few hours -me, making a sweet bulletin board - and my mom, sewing red gingham curtains! My room is a "Farm" theme and I'll post pictures sometime once it doesn't look like 20 7-year-old trashed the place. :)

Our mini vacation in Canada at G & G O'Neill's cottage was great. We drove up on Saturday after David & Catherine O'Neill's wedding on Friday. We spent time at the beach, laying in the SUN! (which I was very thankful for since the weatherman had forecasted blasted rain the whole time we were scheduled to be there!) We read books, took naps, grilled out, and spent lots of quality time together which was just what I needed, my love language being "Quality Time."

On Sunday afternoon we drove to "Canada's Prettiest Town," Goderich, for dinner. (And to get a new key cut for the cottage since ours didn't work and we got locked out and had to ask the neighbors for their spare key. Haha!) Not much was open on Sunday so we took a little drive around the Square downtown then went for a walk across a big bridge whose name I can't remember. :)

Oh yes! And Zach got us an anniversary present which he made me open on the first day as soon as we got there (he even wrapped it all up in wrapping paper! Isn't he great!) and it was a new camera! More specifically, a Canon Rebel T3! We had been talking about getting that puppy for awhile and it was a great surprise! We played around with the different settings all weekend and tried to read the manual, but we're more trial and error type folks. Well, trial and error until there's more errors than successes and I get mad and finally look in the manual. :)

On Monday we returned to Goderich bright and early to get some delicious donuts from Culbert's Bakery. Zach LOVES them so we got 2 dozen. I think we ate almost a whole dozen between Monday & Tuesday when we left! Seriously, they're so good and you have to eat the fresh - like same day or day after fresh- or else they start to lose they're delicious qualities. Okay, I might be exaggerating. But they don't taste very good today, that's for sure. I ate one and it was not the same...

Well, I hate to cut things short since it's been awhile, but we are off to Battle Creek for a leadership seminar and we have to leave in about 15 minutes... and it usually takes me that long to get ready... sometimes longer... and Zach sits on the couch waiting for me...and then we leave 10 minutes late.

Oh well.

Love,
Sarah

Here's a few more photos:
On the shore of Lake Huron

Candace's berry brownie recipe!

The Michael Jordan Tongue Sticking Out Jump

How do we actually work this thing?!

Glad to be together for 4 whole days!

On the bridge

On the bridge

sunning myself and reading!

Zach & his Canadian donuts

The infamous Culbert's Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment