Awesomesauce

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sisters

All my sisters were home this past weekend! YAYYYYYYY!

Katie came up from Dixon, IL on Thursday and spent all day Friday in my classroom. What a HUGE help she was. I wish I could have her there all the time!

Friday night was another CCA home football game. They lost. But at least we all got to be there. This was Katie's first CCA football game, EVER. I don't know how that happened, but I've gone to enough to make up for a few for her.


Saturday morning, all of us girls and mom drove to GR for Katie's appointment at David's Bridal. I got to be the helper in the changing room -- I guess because I'm the oldest? Who knows. Rachel, Amy, and Mom kept looking through magazines while our assistant, Cherrie, kept bringing more dresses. Katie tried everything from lace to taffeta to satin and in all kinds of styles. She looked good in ALL of them so we weren't much help making a decision. :)

Finally, she had narrowed it down to two beautiful gowns that she liked for different reasons. "I just want to combine the two dresses!" she kept saying after she tried them both on again. Then Rachel and Amy pointed to a girl a few mirrors down wearing a dress similar to what Katie was describing. We asked Cherrie to bring us that dress and it was perfect! As soon as she put it on and walked out there, it was love at first sight! With the dress that is. Actually, she didn't like it instantly. The dress was ivory and she wanted a bright white but Cherrie talked her into keeping the ivory to "warm her skin tone." Ivory. Off white. white. Doesn't matter. She's going to be the only one in a gorgeous white dress on June 16th and no one will notice the difference. She did get it in ivory in the end and found a gorgeous flower in ivory for her hair. I think I can put that picture on here because you can't see any dress.... I'm dying to post pictures of the dress but she doesn't want Kyle to see it yet. I don't think.


Today I sang at church then came home for lunch and a quick nap before heading in to my classroom for awhile. Ugh. 5 hours. That seems to be my average weekend time spent on the weekend. I need to find a way to split that into small 1 hour chunks each day instead of a massive block of time on the weekend. Especially on a beautiful day like this when I could be watching football, reading out on the porch, or going for a run.

Tomorrow begins week 5 of school. Bring it on.

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. You are and your sisters and your mama are all soooooo pppeeeeerrrrrrttttyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! You have the greatest family :)
    Love the flower for the hair! :)
    I can't believe you are on week 5 of School already!! Wow, time flies!! Hope everything is going well miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete