Awesomesauce

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A little bit of life

Hmmm. Where shall I start? We've moved and just got internet installed in our house today. :) We're connected once again! I actually kind of liked NOT having internet access for a bit. It gave me time for other things like organizing a messy new house and reading a book for fun. Anywhoooooo.

School is still crazy. As in, I’m going crazy. That’s all I have to say about that. My voice is still gone and the strain has moved into a sore throat. This should be interesting since I’m singing at church this Sunday and next…

My class

My fingernail is on the brink of ripping off. It’s hanging on by a thread and I keep snagging it on things. I can’t find any band-aids in our house since we moved, so I’ll just keep snagging it until it falls off or I find a band-aid. Oh well.

Oh yeah. Did I mention we moved!? I’m loving the new house! I never realized how much I missed having a carpeted house until I moving in here. It’s so much more cozy. On Saturday, both sets of parents plus some Thorne siblings (my brothers) came and helped us move our things. Thankfully we only moved about 8 miles so we didn’t really pack anything in boxes... We literally threw everything into vehicles and hoped it didn’t break on the ridiculousy bumpy, pot-hole ridden road! Now the unpacking and putting away process begins. Ugh. The master bedroom is mostly set up as well as the living room and kitchen. The decorating will come but for now, it’s livable. I'll try to post a few pictures of the house. It just takes awhile for them to upload....

Zach has already been installing and fixing things around here. He installed new wall sconces in the kitchen, a new ceiling fan in the living room, track lighting in the master closet, and soon a new ceiling fan in the master bedroom. Eventually we’re going to put drop down lights over the island in the kitchen to replace the huge florescent light. Other than a few lighting changes, not much needs to be done. The house was built only 4ish years ago.

What else is fairly new? Hmmm. We had goose for dinner last week. I had run out of ideas and time one morning so I asked Zach to throw a few goose breasts into the crock pot with potatoes and carrots and it was great! It tasted just like roast beef. I wish I had taken a picture but we were so hungry that it didn’t last very long. We tried making goose once before on the grill, but it was awful ---so tough and gamey. The crock pot did wonders to tenderize it. As long as we have guns and geese, at least we won’t starve. J

In other small town news, we went out to my parents’ property and “shot skeet” (a.ka. shot clay pigeons) with Rachel & Jared and some of their friends. First of all, a clay pigeon is not even shaped like a pigeon. Why they gave it that name, I have no idea. It’s a thin clay disk, kind of like a tiny Frisbee and it’s painted bright orange. You put the clay pigeon into a thrower that releases the clay into the air when you pull a cord. Anyways, I’m getting off track.

Several interesting things happened out there. 1. My parents’ dog caught and killed a rabbit. We took it away from her and put it in the truck bed only to stare in horror as a giant grub/parasite/worm thing burrowed its way out of the rabbit’s body. It was sick. Like, make you gag sick. When it finally wiggled its fat, grubby body out of the rabbit, Zach squished it. Yuck. I don’t want to think about it anymore. 2. I kicked butt at a shooting game called “Annie Oakley.” Five people line up behind the clay pigeon thrower. The first person in line says, “Pull” (that’s the signal to release the clay pigeon) The first person in line gets first shot at the clay. If the 1st person misses, the 2nd gets a shot, then 3rd, etc. If you are shooter #1 and hit the clay, you go to the end of the line and the next person gets first shot. If you miss and the person after you hits it, you’re out. Or, if you hit the clay and then the person after you hits a piece of the one you hit before it hits the ground, you’re out. It’s kind of like the game Lightning in basketball. This is what we do for fun in the sticks

I won. J It was great. Plus it’s a great stress reliever to pull the trigger and watch the clay smash into tiny bits. You really should try it if you ever get the chance.

It's homecoming week at CCA. Justin has a soccer game Friday night at 7pm and Travis has a football game on Saturday at 1pm. Here's a picture from Travis' last home game and Justin's.


To conclude this long and random and boring post, I’ll leave you with a laugh courtesy of the students in my class.

------------------------------------------

Me: (talking about past, present, and future) What do you want to do in the future when you are grown up? Some people go to college, some people get jobs, some people go into the military, and some people decide to get married and have a family.

Student: *under his breath* Forget the getting married part…

----------------------------

Me: D, what do you want to be or do in the future?

D: Ummm. I don’t know. Can you come back to me?

Me: Uh, no. You’re the only person who hasn't answered yet.

D: Okay. Ummmmmmm. Ummmmmmm. I KNOW! In the future, I’ll get a real sword and become a THUNDERCAT! *raises hands into the air emphatically

--------------------------

Me: J, in the future, what do you want to do or be?

J: A zombie killer! *does an machine gun shooting motion with his hands

--------------------------

Me: What do you want to do or be in the future?

Student 1: Nothing.

Me: Nothing?

Student 1: Nothing.

Me: You want to sit on the couch and do nothing?

Student 1: And watch TV.

Student 2: So you want to be lazy?!

-----------------------

Hope you got a laugh out of these guys. It’s hard to keep a straight face when one of these comments come out. :)

Love,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Brent loves the Thundercat reference. Probably because he wants to be one when he grows up ;)

    ReplyDelete