Awesomesauce

Monday, June 20, 2011

"Do-Nothing" Week

Last week I desperately tried to do nothing. Well, nothing as far as working, projects around the house, working out, etc. And it was much harder than I thought! Didn't even get to drive around my new wheels very much because I was determined to leave the house the least amount as possible. We drove to Alma on Monday night, signed the papers, and I got to drive it home! Woo!

I still can't believe the car is mine.... seriously. It's the nicest car I've ever driven! We had been looking for about 6 months and are so excited that God has provided. It might not have happened as soon as we would have liked, but His timing is the best. After we paid for the repairs on Zach's parents' Tracer, they were able to sell it to a friend of ours who needed it. Perfect timing. :)

Okay, so I couldn't do nothing-nothing, so I did manage to clean the house, read a few books, play some volleyball on Wednesday and softball on Friday, and actually cook some meals for Zach. My sisters came out on Tuesday night and of course we stayed up watching Harvard Sailing Team videos and laughing til our sides hurt. Then we watched "The Four Feathers," an older Heath Ledger movie, which was pretty good except I didn't pay a ton of attention because we talked through the whole thing. Ha ha! That's what sisters are for! Zach and I also went out to a bonfire with our small group on Friday night which was a lot of fun to relax and just catch up with everyone. Robin's strawberry sangria was DELICIOUS and I'm going to have to get that recipe!

Amy's surgery was Friday early afternoon. They took out 2 lymph nodes and a bunch of tissue so she's got a 6-inch incision with at least 16 stitches and another little incision that they used some dissolvable stitches and glue. She stayed with mom and Katie and Grandma & Papa Thorne's house near Detroit (the surgery was in Ann Arbor) until Sunday afternoon. For the next few weeks she's got to take it super easy and not move around or walk too much. That's going to be her biggest challenge I think! Pathology reports on the lymph nodes and tissue should be back in 7-10 days. We're praying for ZERO cancerous cells!

Saturday I had a family bridal shower in Grand Rapids so I made the most of my trip by stopping at Target afterwards and then visiting my dear friend, Carlyn! It was so nice to have a FRIEND to hang out with and chat with and wander around the mall at Pottery Barn dreaming of future purchases. :) Made my weekend! Sunday consisted of church then two father's day celebrations: dinner at the farm with the Cooks then card games and a good ol' game of wiffle ball at the Thornes. Wiffle ball was boys vs. girls and the boys seriously whooped up on us. It used to be fun to play that way because all the girls were older, bigger, faster, etc. But now that the boys are bigger PLUS they have Zach on their team too... let's just say I'm not sure us girls will be winning much more. We've been blessed with two great dads and we are so glad to spend time with them! At the farm we weeded, hoed, and watered the garden then staked up our tomato and jalepeno plants. I had to feed the pigs some dandelions too - they love the sweet taste! Here's a picture of my favorite little piggy: Spot.

Creative name, I know, I know but he has one black spot on his front leg. He's the runt of the litter so he's super cute! There are others I have named as well, such as Panda, Skunky, and Slim. But I'll post pictures of them later.

The week flew by and it's hard to believe it's already time for another one: "Do-Something" week begins! It all started with Angela's Basic Training class at PT Plus at 9:00 this morning. I can already feel my triceps getting sore! My siblings and I are planning to film another spoof of a HST video tomorrow morning! Woo!

I love summer.

1 comment:

  1. So great!!!!! I love reading your updates!!!! And I love love love the new car!!!!!! SHHHHNNNNAAAZZZZZYYYYY!!!!!!!! Oh and I love the pig too :) Praying everything comes back good for Amy's pathology report and praying you have a good week! Love you tons!!!!

    ReplyDelete