Awesomesauce

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Moo-ving Along

The title will make more sense when you see this picture:

Cattle on the loose!
A couple weeks ago the neighbor's cattle got out. Zach called me on my way home from work and said to be careful when I turned onto our road because the cattle were out and a van might have hit one. I drove VERY slowly - 1. because I didn't want to hit a cow and 2. because the road was so icy - and sure enough I saw two of them off to the left side of the road against the fence where the other group of cattle were. I honked and chased them onto the road and slowly drove behind them as they limped down the road. Poor fellas were the ones who got hit --- and to think the van didn't even stop!!! There were pieces of their vehicle laying in the road; you'd think they'd stop to assess damage and try to find their owners. Anyway, you can see Zach's truck and more neighbor's vehicles in the road with hazard lights flashing! Then there was me, cattle ranching in my Vibe... After a little while, they were all back in the pasture and everybody went home.

In other news, we have a crib and carseat! Funny story about the carseat is how we got it. One of Zach's customers from work gave him a hard time about having kids and offering to pick up baby gear: "Zach, I saw carseats on sale at Wal-Mart. Want me to get you one?" and comments of the same sort. Zach always said no. Until the day came where we were actually having a baby and when his customer asked Zach if he wanted him to pick up a carseat, Zach said yes! Needless to say, the guy was a little surprised and then congratulated him and said he would really get the carseat for us! :)


The other funny thing about the carseat was that when we looked at it in the store, we couldn't figure out how to get the gosh-darned thing off the base! Zach said, "I hope we get this thing soon so I can read the user's manual!" Oh my. My husband and I are SOOOO different in personalities! I would have just kept tugging and pulling until I got mad and figured it out or broke it --- and he wants the user's manual. At least one of us is logical. :) And once we got it, we did figure out how to get it off the base. I have a picture of Zach reading the user's manual when we opened it up but he threatened many bad things if I posted it anywhere. Ha- ha!

I suppose the little lady can make her appearance any time now because we've got a way to transport her home and a place for her to sleep.

We also have a SWEET changing table/dresser that Zach refinished! Here's the before and after photos:

Before

After
It used to be Zach's when he was a kid and I'm really glad with how it turned out! He did all the sanding and painting the past few days (even with a sore back and two nights of fire department training!). The only things are the knobs. They used to be wooden drawer knobs painted red to match the rest of the dresser and these are white ceramic. Slap a changing pad on top and we're good to go! Cute table and ensemble for such an unglamorous job of changing dirty diapers!

The Little Cookie - she's getting quite big! She's been getting the hiccups almost every night for the past couple of weeks. It is the weirdest and coolest feeling all at once! She's still as active as ever: wiggling, kicking, elbowing, scraping my ribs with her little knobby knees and feet, and I'm pretty sure I've felt her little fingers tapping away too. Only five weeks left to go - give or take - and I'm hoping (well, my ribs are hoping) that she slows down a bit soon because things are starting to get uncomfortable!

And it's making my job of teaching 20 six-year-olds quite difficult! Mrs. Cook doesn't tie shoes or pick things up off the floor anymore. :) Good thing I don't sit down much during the day because that's when she's all crammed up in the ribcage! Standing up, reclined, or laying down seem to be the most comfortable lately.

Anyway, I suppose it all comes with the territory. I'm still doing okay. No bad swelling in my feet, ankles, or hands and I'm hoping it stays that way! It's starting to get more uncomfortable now though. She pokes and jabs harder against my ribs - ouch! There's no more "just suck it in" to get through or around somewhere because my belly is permanently out. :) Also, doing the dishes is a bit rough because the counter & sink are right at belly height. So I either have to bend over funny or stand on my tiptoes so my belly goes over the counter. But you know what? I'm still glad she's in there. She's healthy and growing and has a strong heartbeat at each appointment. She's active and wiggly and gets hiccups. And I can't wait to hold her on the OUTSIDE.

Here's the last few weeks of belly photos I haven't posted:

32 weeks

Somehow I missed 33 weeks in there. Oh well.


34 weeks



35 weeks - with a fresh haircut & color! 
 35 out of 40 weeks. Whoa. Time is a flying past! She'll be here before we know it!


Cheers to the last bit of good sleep for awhile,

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment