Awesomesauce

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Last. Day.

I don't feel like writing too much.

Other than today was my LAST DAY of work!!! And of course we had to go out with a bang --- we took all three first grade classes to the Grand Rapids Public Museum for the day... thankfully we had lots of parent chaperones so the kids were in pairs or triples and I got to float between groups. I'm grateful to the other teachers and parents who rode the bus because this nine month pregnant lady was not about to ride the bus an hour each way with 60 screaming kids. :)

We have no school tomorrow for Good Friday and then next week off for Spring Break then my maternity leave begins! It hasn't really sunk in that I'm not going back because EVERYBODY is going on break next week. It will probably hit me next Monday morning when I'm home and everyone else is going back to work.

So here's some pictures and a BRIEF description.

The other day I went on a cooking spree. As in I started making some dinners and freezing them now so when baby gets here we'll have so ready to go options. 

One of the things I made was these egg casserole bites. I didn't follow a recipe or write anything down... so you'll have to bear with my explanation then experiment on your own.

Egg casserole bites

First, I cut up some whole wheat bread into cubes and put a few in the bottom of each muffin tin (which I generously sprayed beforehand with cooking spray). 

Next, came the bacon (cooked and chopped), a sprinkle of cheddar cheese, and some diced onion.

Then, in a separate bowl, I whisked up some eggs with a splash of milk and added spices that I like: salt, pepper, parsley, and garlic.

Finally, I poured the egg mixture over the top of the bread, bacon, cheese, & onion. It didn't take much to fill them up - don't overfill them because the puff up a bit when you cook them!

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. I let them cool and froze them. They're easy to reheat in the morning and put on a piece of toast or an English muffin. I even got the Zach stamp of taste approval for these - and he's NOT a breakfast person!


Here's the past two weeks of baby bump photos:

37 weeks





38 weeks



Easter is almost here.

Baby is almost here.

Spring break IS here.

I'm a happy camper.



Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment