Awesomesauce

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch

Pinterest is a wonderful thing. I get so many ideas for things on there. Whenever I tell Zach about some cool idea, he always says, "Did you get that from Pinterest?" and I nod. Mostly he does it to tease me a little. But there are a few times when he gives Pinterest the thumbs up - usually after I've found a cool new meal to try and last week I cooked up one of those great recipe finds!!!

Behold: Cheddar Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta!!!


All of Zach's favorite things in one dish.

It was SUPER easy and had GREAT flavor. The only thing I would do differently next time is to double the amount of sauce (liquids). There wasn't quite enough to make it creamy and cheesey. It was slightly dry and even drier when we reheated. I've adjusted the recipe to make sure there's enough sauce.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb pasta, approx. half a box (I used cavatappi noodles just because they look cool)
  • 4 slices bacon, (now you can make this with only 4 slices... but I used about 1/2lb of it)
  • 1 TBSP butter
  • 2 large chicken breasts, cut into pieces and cooked
  • 2 TBSP all-purpose flour
  • 1 package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (I used the "Fiesta Ranch" packet, so if you want to give this dish a Mexican flair, use that!)
  • 2 cups milk (I used 2%)
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • salt & pepper, added to your taste

Here's what I did:

1. Cook bacon (Feel free to drain the grease; but save the pan and don't clean it out -you're going to need about 1 tsp. of it to cook the chicken). Let it cool. Chop it into pieces. Set aside.



2. Put a pot of water on to cook the noodles. Follow package directions.

3. Melt butter in large skillet with leftover bacon grease.

4. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Put chicken into hot butter & grease. Cook until tender, no more pink in the center, and slightly browned.

5. Sprinkle the flour and Ranch Dressing mix over the chicken, stirring to coat evenly.



6. Stir in the milk. Cook and stir occasionally until thick and bubbly.



7. Stir in the cheddar cheese and most of the bacon. Stir around until cheese is melted.



8. Add hot, cooked noodles to the cheesy, chicken mixture.

9. Top with any additional bacon and serve hot :)



I served this with garlic bacon green beans and zucchini tots. There will be another post about each of these on another day.


Lots of Bacon-y Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment