Awesomesauce

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Shopping Cart Drivers

This will be a short post.

Today at the grocery store, I almost got run over (TWICE!) by shopping carts! I was cruising down the main aisle and BAM! this old lady whips out of a side aisle in front of me -- without even pausing or a taking a sideways glance! The later, ZOOM! it happened again later on when a different person caused a near crash for the same reason.

Now, call me crazy, but it seems there's always been this sorta unspoken rule about grocery shopping to LOOK BOTH WAYS before you just merge into the main aisle. Main aisle people can't see you side aisle people coming due to HUGE SHELVES and lots of products on them. 

It's like driving --- when there's shrubs/trees/buildings blocking your view, you stop or at least slow down to check for oncoming traffic before you turn. You don't just go blazing through hoping that no other vehicle is careening towards you!!! Safety first, defensive driving, following traffic laws and all that jazz they taught us in drivers' education. Do these crazy people drive cars the way they push shopping carts?! Because if they do, I'm going to stay off the road... 

And hope they learn to have a little common courtesy to stop and look before pushing a giant shopping carts full of food out into a main aisle. :)

Love,

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. It must be going around. Yesterday as I was pushing my cart in Meijer this lady completely cut right in front of me and another group who were walking in the opposite direction. No excuse me, or sorry....nothing. I actually really love to take Finley to the grocery store to show her about what manners/ behaviors she should/ should not have. I am always extremely polite, even when in a hurry, and I just dont understand why others are not the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree totally! A little politeness goes a long way!

      Delete