Awesomesauce

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Nursery Inspiration

Baby is growing, growing, growing because my belly is certainly starting to stretch! I can feel her move a lot now - and not just little flutters! There's the occasional kick or poke, but sometimes I'm convinced she's doing somersaults in there in preparation for her  future Olympic gymnastics career. :) Lately she has discovered my ribcage and loves to wedge herself up in there. She's kicked my ribs so hard that I've jumped a few times because it was so forceful! She's pretty active in the morning and at night so when I lay down Zach can usually feel her twirling around in there. Love that surprised, amazed, big grinning face Zach gets when he can feel her.

26 weeks
We have started the process of nursery setup. Seems crazy that such a tiny person needs a whole room but I think we will all sleep much better if she's got her own space. :) We decided to move the office stuff to the basement and make that room the nursery. We figured that would be the best option since we wanted to keep the guest room available for visitors. Plus it's a huge room and this little baby doesn't need a ginormous room with an equally ginormous closet. Ha ha!

 Zach got a carpet remnant and moved his desk and file cabinets downstairs. He also rearranged the futon, TV, and treadmill so he's pretty much got a mini man cave down there now. There's still a few bookshelves and also a gun cabinet that needs to be moved out. The bookshelves will go down in the new "office" to make it feel more like a room and less like a cement basement. The gun cabinet will probably end up in our room.

Our first project will be to paint. Since we're renting we don't want to do something bold or elaborate on the walls since the house isn't ours so we're going to go neutral (tannish-brown color). And when I say, "WE," I really mean "I" because Zach doesn't really have a preference about how this whole decorating thing BUT he will be helping to carry it out. :)

The second project is the changing table. It's a dresser that belonged to Zach's parents and has sat in the house across the road (in storage) ever since Zach stopped using it.

changing table - BEFORE
I just love this thing! Well, I love its potential. We're going to sand it, repaint it (red), and put a changing pad on top. VOILA! Free changing table that will be perfectly functional as a dresser as she grows.

A third project is this adorable little rocking chair. It was also in the house across the road and it's currently in my classroom. I don't have a picture of it but it will need the same treatment as the dresser - sanding and a fresh coat of paint.

I think that's it as far as projects go. Other inspiration includes this quilt at Papa & Grandma Thornes. I love the colors and patterns on it: red & white gingham and yellow with bitty red flowers. I'm hoping Grandma will be willing to make a small one just like it.



I guess you could say we are going with a country/rustic theme. Big surprise, I know. But now that I've got a theme it will be a lot easier to find little accent pieces, like this little white milk glass lamp I found at an antique store here in BR. (This isn't my photo, but the base looks just like it.)



That's all for now. I've got to head in to my classroom and wrap up a few things before the kiddos come back tomorrow.

Ugh.

I'm not ready!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment