Awesomesauce

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Few of my Favorite Things

1. Bath & Body Works, Fresh Lime Basil antibacterial hand soap

I use this in the kitchen for hand washing and it smells lovely. Just kitchen use. It's not really a bathroom soap, don't know why. It's so clean and kitchen-y smelling. Ranks up there in the family with lemon scent. This is just barely scented so you don't smell like the Bath & Body Works store after you use it. When they run those sales, I stock up!


2. Cake pops.


My friend, Robin, introduced me to these yummy little desserts this summer and my dessert making will never be the same again. I've made them several times since then. It was the favor for my table at the Ladies Christmas Tea at church. My theme was Happy Birthday, Baby Jesus - so there were birthday presents wrapped in the center of the table, cake pops on a cake stand, and party hats and noise maker things.



3. Black Tea with Honey & Lemon
Since I tend to lose my voice every week teaching, this has been my best friend.



4. The Pacific -HBO Series very similar to Band of Brothers


I like pretty much all kinds of movies. Certainly a good action flick now and then. Last winter I finally caved and watched the Band of Brothers series with Zach --- "Sure, I'll watch it with him. I'll probably not think it's that great but husbands like it when their wives watch action movies with them, right?!" ----Well, I was hooked and I begged to stay up later and watch more episodes, even if it meant dragging my butt to school/work in the morning. The Pacific is now very much the same routine, one episode is just not enough! Since I bought the series for Zach for Christmas, we own it and can watch as many as we please, whenever we like.

The Pacific follows two groups of young marines through their deployment in the Pacific - Guadalcanal, Pavuvu, and another tiny island in the Solomon Islands. There are a few awkward scenes I would suggest fast-forwarding through and they also drop the F-bomb quite a bit, and it's very gory, but the history I'm learning in the meantime makes up for it!

Who ever heard of Guadalcanal? Not this girl, for sure. Maybe I wasn't paying attention in US History in 10th grade.... Anyway, I'm learning way more about what went on in the Pacific Theater during WWII (which happens to be near where my Papa Thorne was stationed in the Navy during that time) so I'm enjoying it throughly.

Except the parts when bodies get blown up and blood spurts everywhere or medics are digging shrapnel out of some guys face.... then I have to close my eyes because I gag....

...Moving on, this is definitely a good buy for any adult history buff in your family.


5. Christmas Movies

The Grinch with Jim Carey

"Blast this Christmas music! It's joyful AND triumphant!"



Elf with Wil Ferrell

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"



Home Alone with McCauley Culkin

"Keep the change, ya filthy animal!"


Need I say more?

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment