Awesomesauce

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Two Christmases

After two family Christmases, two days in a row, I'm pooped. And I don't want to eat another thing! :)

Yesterday was Cook Christmas, hosted by my in-laws here in Big Rapids. What a spread of desserts! And today was Thorne Christmas hosted by my cousin and his wife/family in Charlotte. After much eating, talking, eating, talking, playing farkle, eating, talking... I'm ready to be done with that cycle. Ha ha. We really loved every minute of being with our extended families. We love them so much and feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who care about us. Both sets of grandparents are getting up there in age (late 80s and early 90s) and it's great to be able to spend time with them every chance we can. I wish I had a camera or notepad every time either of my grandparents gets to telling stories because I want to record them for future generations. Their lives were so cool! Grandpa Cook came from Poland and sailed the Great Lakes; Grandpa Thorne lied about his age to sign up for the Navy in WWII. My Thorne grandparents got my parents a huge binder filled with family history and genealogy. The information in there is amazing and goes all the way back to before the 1800s to our Norwegian ancestors. I'm getting some great ideas for baby names someday in the future. Families are really pretty incredible things.

Only two days of school left until Christmas break... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment